Wednesday 9 July 2008

*Coughs*

This was scene outside my front door an hour ago, looks like thick fog doesn't it?, wrong, that was thick black smoke!. I was sat at my desk and found myself sniffing the air trying to work out why I could smell summat burning (earlier today I thought I could smell summat burning, but nobody else could), after a few seconds I just thought to myself "you're probably losing it Lynzi, you need an early night". Anyway, a few minutes after that I heard loud sirens, thats when I rushed to my front door, to then be greeted with the above images, it was immence!, I immediatly thought it was one of my neighbours houses that was on fire (cos the smoke was that thick) and I ran down the steps to have a look. Thankfully it was one of the many empty houses from the estate behind my house that was on fire, it happens all the time, but I have never seen THAT much smoke come from them. Half an hour later I took another pic of the same view, so you can see what it should look like on any normal day lol.


Thats the excitement for tonight anyway, tomorrows excitement is a big fat needle at the Dr's....... happy days.....

5 comments:

Dan said...

Come visit the norf. See the smog.

Kim said...

LOL @ Dan

Did you find out what it was Lynz?

Lynzi_Loo said...

I'm not sure which house it was, but another one has been burnt out about an hour ago, there was hardly any smoke this time tho, wish the kids had better things to do round here..... one of these days someone is gonna end up killed by the ARSE-onists

Posh Totty said...

Must admit I thought it was fog when I first looked too, teach me to look first and read later eh lol.

Lynzi_Loo said...

Thankfully its the only time its ever engulfed us like that, it must have been the damp stuffy air that caused it to descend :-S